[gst-devel] Compiling Gst-Player

Sat Mar 20 11:21:01 CET 2004

Hello,

I am new to Gstreamer, so this question might be simple. I am trying to
compile gst-player, but I keep on getting this when executing configure:

checking for    gstreamer-play-0.8 >= 0.8.0
gstreamer-interfaces-0.8 >= 0.8.0   gstreamer-gconf-0.8 >= 0.8.0...
Package gstreamer-play-0.8 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-play-0.8.pc'

I installed gstreamer via the RPM packages -- both the main RPM packages
and the devel packages, but I still am not able to compile the software.

Am I missing the library "gstreamer-play"?

Thank you for the help.

Brian