[gst-devel] Results from some quick tests of Totem

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Mar 23 09:59:32 CET 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Julien MOUTTE wrote:

> opt is the one that works best for me and the one set as default in
> current releases.
>
> Moreover we plan to invest some professional skills on fixing opt
> correctly. So please stop considering opt as a dead broken end.

I consider opt a broken dead end. opt does things that the current
GStreamer model should not allow - namely taking ownership of buffers.
And you can't fix that without going back to cothreads.
Another thing that most likely not work with opt is removing elements from
a playing pipeline (or a paused one).

But it's nice to know that money solves all problems.

Benjamin