[gst-devel] mpeg4ip clone based on gstreamer

Yann Klis strass at strasslab.net
Wed Mar 24 13:20:11 CET 2004

Hello,

A friend of mine and I are currently thinking on the ways to develop a
gstreamer clone of mpeg4ip http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/

Basically, mpeg4ip transcode audio/video stream from a v4l device into
an MP4 stream (MPEG4+AAC) and send it to a streaming server via RTP.
Then, several client can connect to this streaming server to view the
content captured by the 1rst computer.
Now, mpeg4ip can stream content to Darwin Streaming Server.

So, we'd like to know if all modules implied in this process are
available in Gstreamer and, what is their status ?
Is there an MPEG4 video encoder module available ?
Is there an AAC audio encoder module available ?
Is there an MP4 muxer module available?
Is there an RTP sender module available?
If those module exists, what are their status? How can we help to make
them better?

Thanks in advance,

yk