[gst-devel] Non-dependent plugins

foser foser at gentoo.org
Sat Mar 27 05:22:07 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 17:34 -0500, Colin Hyatt Bortner wrote:

> Now, the gstreamer 0.8.0 ebuilds are bit behind, so I was going to submit
> the necessary/expected ebuilds for the 0.8.0 release, but I couldn't
> figure out what non-dependent/non-external plugins should be built by default.
> Essentially, the default set of plugins should include what?

To save you the trouble. We are not behind, this is all p.mask-ed stuff
and not meant to be used by the general public. I already have most
plugins local, but am not completely happy with how some are handled at
this point, so haven't moved them in. Gentoo gst plugins handling might
still change considerably at this point.

In general i don't like to think in terms of what should be installed
'by default', a user should only have to install what is really needed.
I don't see the need to add plugins that will not be used, so please do
not file ebuilds for all plugins out there.

You can contact me by mail or via IRC (#gentoo,#gstreamer) for any
further questions.

- foser