[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] ds gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/docs/gst/ gstreamer/docs/gst/tmpl/ gstreamer/gst/ gstreamer/gst/autoplug/ gstreamer/gst/elements/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Mar 29 02:02:25 CEST 2004

Hey David,

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 04:46, David Schleef wrote:
> Log message:
> * docs/gst/gstreamer-sections.txt:  More doc hacking.
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstaggregator.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstautoplugfactory.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstbin.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstbuffer.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstbufferstore.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstfakesink.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstfakesrc.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstmd5sink.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstreamer-unused.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstsearchfuncs.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstshaper.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstspider.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gsttee.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstutils.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstvalue.sgml:
> * docs/gst/tmpl/gstxml.sgml:

I applaud all the doc hacking going on.

I just have one request; it would be nice if people hacking on the docs
made sure that they cater for all warnings that turn up during the API
doc build.

Before all these changes, the only problem was cothreads being defined
twice; something I intend to fix soon so that we don't have any warnings
anymore.

Right now, however, I have a whole slew of warnings, which I assume to
be related to these recent changes (haven't checked extensively yet
myself):

WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_caps_append_structure Param: caps1.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_caps_append_structure Param: caps.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_caps_from_string Param: string.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_caps_from_string Param: caps.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_caps_new_simple Param: fieldname.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_caps_new_full_valist Param: structure.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_caps_new_full_valist Param: struct1.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_static_caps_get Param: caps.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_static_caps_get Param: static_caps.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_element_error_full Param: debug.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_element_error_full Param: file.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_element_error_full Param: function.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_element_error_full Param: line.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_element_adjust_time Param: diff.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_element_adjust_time Param: difference.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_element_register Param: elementname.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_element_register Param: name.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_index_entry_copy Param: Returns.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_pad_proxy_pad_link Param: caps.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_pad_set_bufferalloc_function Param: bufferalloc.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_pad_set_bufferalloc_function Param: bufalloc.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_pad_proxy_fixate Param: caps.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_static_pad_template_get Param: templ.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_static_pad_template_get Param: pad_template.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_pad_alloc_buffer Param: offset.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_pad_alloc_buffer Param: size.
Cannot parse enumeration member "
" at /usr/bin/gtkdoc-mkdb line 3112, <INPUT> line 1121.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_uri_is_valid Param: uri.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_uri_is_valid Param: protocol.
Cannot parse enumeration member "
" at /usr/bin/gtkdoc-mkdb line 3112, <INPUT> line 1253.
Cannot parse enumeration member "
" at /usr/bin/gtkdoc-mkdb line 3112, <INPUT> line 1267.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_debug_message_get Param: Returns.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_plugin_load_file Param: filename.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_plugin_load_file Param: plugin.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_serialize Param: value.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_serialize Param: Returns.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_init_and_copy Param: dest.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_init_and_copy Param: src.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_list_append_value Param: append_value.
WARNING: Parameter described in source code comment block but does not
exist -
         Func: gst_value_list_append_value Param: apppend_value.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_deserialize Param: dest.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_deserialize Param: src.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_deserialize Param: Returns.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_list_get_value Param: index.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_register Param: table.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_can_intersect Param: value1.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_can_intersect Param: value2.
WARNING: Parameter description missing in source code comment block -
         Func: gst_value_can_intersect Param: Returns.

The question - do you want to fix these, with a higher probability of
the fixes being correct - or do you want me to take a stab ?

Thanks
Thomas

I looked up at Anna
She turned back to look at me