[gst-devel] adder and float

Jonathan Giannuzzi psyduck at altern.org
Wed Mar 31 10:00:42 CEST 2004

I simply tried with gstreamer/examples/mixer/mixer.c
With two or more mp3's, it works OK.
Haven't done further testing since I gotta go.

I think modifying mixer.c to not use arbitrary decoders (maybe spider) and use
audiosink from gconf would make it a good testcase for adder and volenv.

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 19:14, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Stefan Kost figured out that there was something fishy with the CLAMP
> macro.  adder should now work again for integer audio.
>
> I tried fixing some bits for float audio as well, but I can't test it
> properly.  Who uses adder for float ?
>
> Here are some points to look at:
> a) the standard template caps for float audio (audio.h) do not contain
> width 32.  This should be added.
>
> b) they list buffer-frames from 1 to MAXINT.  After discussion with
> Benjamin, I feel this should be 0 to MAXINT; a standard float element
> doesn't care what size the buffers are, except in cases where it does
> care (which I assume are wingo (TM) elements :)) This way, adder can
> take vorbisdec audio, which is listed with buffer-frames 0
>
> c) I used adder->width instead of sizeof (gfloat) to calculate the
> offsets
>
> d) it needs testing, and I couldn't get it to work correctly with two
> vorbis files, or sinesrc converted to float.  Anyone want to throw me a
> good float adder test pipeline ?
>
> Thomas
>
> Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://www.davedina.org/
> <-*- thomas (dot) apestaart (dot) org -*->
> Don't you see that my heart's on fire
> wicked wings that you spread round me sometimes
> All I know is we've got to aim higher
> Babe I wish that we'd go for the great escape
> <-*- thomas (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->
> URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.fm/

Jonathan Giannuzzi