[gst-devel] release

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Sun May 23 05:50:02 CEST 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> I hope to start rolling a core release tomorrow, to be followed up with
> plugins/ffmpeg over the weekend/monday.  I want to start moving to
> independent release cycles as of this release.

I think moving to independent releases is a bad idea. As is releasing
core/plugins independently. And it's all for just one reason: I don't know
of a single person who runs core cvs but plugins releases. So you have
exactly 0 persons that have tested what you are going to make the
currently released tarballs of GStreamer.
That sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

Benjamin