[gst-devel] release

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sun May 23 06:45:02 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 14:49, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>
> > I hope to start rolling a core release tomorrow, to be followed up with
> > plugins/ffmpeg over the weekend/monday.  I want to start moving to
> > independent release cycles as of this release.
> >
> I think moving to independent releases is a bad idea. As is releasing
> core/plugins independently.

They're the same thing.

> And it's all for just one reason: I don't know
> of a single person who runs core cvs but plugins releases.

Now you know one: me.

>  So you have
> exactly 0 persons that have tested what you are going to make the
> currently released tarballs of GStreamer.

We already discussed this; GStreamer core is supposedly API/ABI stable
in 0.8.x series, and one way to test it is to actually release them
independently.

> That sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

You've never been one to avoid trouble :) let's bring it on.

Thomas

cos when i needed someone
you left me floored
the feeling is gone
i can't let go
you know that i'd change if i had the love it takes