[gst-devel] sample caching

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 11:51:05 CET 2004

Hi,

I'd like to muse a bit on how GStreamer could expose a sample caching
API.  One thought is to make this an interface on sink elements.  So
e.g. polypaudiosink would implement GstSampleCacheInterface, and call
into the relevant polypaudio functions.  alsasink could just not
implement it.

One difficulty here is that apps will just get the sink from GConf,
which could be a bin containing e.g. audioconvert and audioscale too.
So we'd need to make GstBin implement GstSampleCacheInterface too, which
would suck.  Is there a better way?