[gst-devel] Re: [Matroska-devel] Re: Matroska + Delphi - wanting GStreamer/Win32 ?

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Oct 1 08:51:12 CEST 2004

Arioch /BDV/ a écrit :

> The stars so gaily glistened... (Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:40:38 +0200 @569)
> ...while the fading voice of Steve whispered through the darkness:
>
>  ??>> Is there pre-compiled win32 standard dll's ?
>  ??>> Is there Delphi headers for them ?
>
>  SL> As libmatroska and libebml are written in C++, I doubt you can use
>  SL>  them directly with Delphi as they are.
>
> Pity, but You're right. Shame on me, i missedthe obvious thing.
>
>  SL> There are other C implementations that might be used as DLLs.
>
> For example, one told to be in GStreamer.
> And seems it is cinsidered quite ok.
>
> So, is it "Ronald S. Bultje" or someone else, who maintains GStreamer/Win32 ?
> Guess i need to ask them about DLL's :-)
>
> Should i try to crawl out into gstreamer.devel, or is he monitoring this list time to time ?

Ronald wrote it. But I'm the one working on the Win32 port. I've
compiled GSTreamer and various plugins, including the matroska one. But
It's not fully usable yet under Windows. It's too early...

Maybe GStreamer could be used with Delphi. I just have no idea about
that. Maybe you could give it a try under Linux with Kylix.