[gst-devel] status of AAF support in gstreamer?

Yves De Muyter yves at sithi.connected.be
Sat Oct 2 08:58:41 CEST 2004

Ronald,

MXF is mostly used in the post-production industry, avid etc.
The new file-based camera disks from Sony, JVC, panasonic etc use
this format. It's not that widely accepted yet (avid doesn't
support it natively yet, they supply a conversion tool).

Having MXF in gstreamer would be a very good idea, it would be
accepted and used very fast by automation companies.
Having this avid opensource HD codec in gstreamer might also be a good idea:

http://www.avid.com/dnxhd/index.asp?pageElement=HDproduct

-Yves