[gst-devel] Merging patches and giving credit

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Wed Oct 6 08:41:11 CEST 2004

Hi,
When we make the list of people who have contributed to the last release
for the release notes this is basically done by scanning the Changelog.
This means that people who have contributed, but are not listed in the
Changelog get overlooked, and I know of at least two examples of this
happening with our latest releases, which I think we all agree is not
how we want things to be. So I ask that when we merge patches for other
people that we make sure to use their name in the changelog so that it
is easy to put together a list of people who have contributed to latest
release. Current changelog only seems to list the person who did the
actual commit, which solves our technical problem of accountability, but
not our practical problem of giving credit where credit is due.

Christian