[gst-devel] Video Whale: Minimum requirements

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:23:09 CEST 2004

Hello,
  First of all, thanks for your interest in the video-whale project.
2ndly, the video-whale project has been dead for more than one year
now. So all the info i can provide you may not apply to the current
versions of gstreamer. Moreover, before you get answers from me, you
may want to see the video-wall howto:
http://www.geocities.com/zeelists/video-wall.html

> - Hard drive requirements or streaming?

    I dont know why do you place an OR between these two but anyway, >
500 MB should be more than enough.

> - Needed Memory in the machines?

   At the client-side, we had 256 MB and 512 at the server.

> - Combination of PCI/AGP ?

   We only had 5 PCI slots on each client machine and we used 4 of
them. There were no AGP slots IIRC.

> - Minimum memory req. of the video cards?

   Ours was 4MB cards, but whatever card you use, it's drivers MUST
support video-overlay.

> Greetings and thank in advance,

  No problem. :)