[gst-devel] Re: Release notes for GStreamer 0.8.7 "A Cruise"

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Oct 10 03:29:48 CEST 2004

Hi Chris,

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 10:57, ChristianHJW wrote:
> No win32 binaries still ? Would you be prepared to host those, if Steve
> sends you a compiled version ? Dont forget, 99,9999% of all Windows
> users dont have a clue what a compiler is :D !
>
> Sure, those users wont be able to do anything with it yet, but still
> many interested devs would have a better feeling if you guys actually
> show you DO care about the win32 port, and maybe even start coding sinks
> for it ;) ....

That's up to the porters. ;). Many, if not all, of our developers have
no access to Win32 boxes, and we definately don't have access to win32
developer tools.

We will gladly host binaries if someone can regularly provide us with
updates on new releases. Again, most of us don't have win32 boxes, and
we definately don't have win32 developer tools, so we cannot create
those ourselves. We're doing our best to make porting as easy as
possible, but that's pretty much all we can do...

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>