[gst-devel] GStreamer FFmpeg 0.8.2: Titan Shifting Gears

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Oct 10 04:19:12 CEST 2004

Hi all,

The GStreamer team is happy to announce a new stable release of the
FFmpeg-based GStreamer plugin.

This module is separated from GStreamer Plugins for easier maintenance
and decoupled release cycles. Our CVS contains both the patched source
code to FFmpeg, as well as the set of patches against upstream CVS, so
we can send patches upstream regularly from our modifications.

Features of this release
      * codecs for most popular formats
      * optimized colorspace conversion
      * stability and synchronization fixes

Bugs fixed in this release
      * 150449 : ffdemux_mpegts causes internal error: push on pad
      * 152798 : wmv2/wma2 file fails to play back

Download
You can find source releases of gst-ffmpeg in the download directory:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-ffmpeg/

GStreamer Homepage
More details can be found on the project's website:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

Developers
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org. All code is in CVS and can be
checked out from there. Interested developers of the core library,
plug-ins, and applications should subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
If there is sufficient interest we will create more lists as necessary.

Contributors to this release
      * Ronald Bultje
      * Thomas Vander Stichele
      * Iain Holmes