[gst-devel] gst-polyp 0.1

Lennart Poettering mztfgernzre at 0pointer.de
Wed Oct 27 16:48:06 CEST 2004

Hi!

I am happy to announce release 0.1 of the polypaudio sink for
gstreamer.

http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/gst-polyp/

This module needs some love, since it is currently an output sink
only. There's much room for improvements:

* there's not source (for recording) yet
* the polypaudio stream clock is not exported to the GStreamer system
* the same is true for latency information
* the mixer interface is not yet implemented

Originally David Schleef had shown interest in working on this
driver. Unfortunately his time is too limited for really working on
it. Therefore I am looking for someone to complete the driver and give
it the love it needs.

Remember: gst-polyp is the crucial part for getting polypaudio into
Gnome. So all you, who want to have ESOUND replaced in Gnome 2.10: this
is the time to step up!

Anyone interested?

To the maintainers of gstreamer-plugins: I'd really like to see this
plugin integrated into gstreamer-plugins. What do I have to do for
achieving that?

Thank you,
      Lennart

--
name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }