[gst-devel] MAS plugin and problems

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:08:02 CEST 2004

Hello,
   I've hacked on the rotten mas plugin and now it works prefectly
well. But there are two things i need help on:

1. Is the freeze over now? Can i comit?

2. I just figured out why adding the following lines in the
configure.ac made the generated configure script to vomit weird
sed-related errors:

translit(dnm, m, l) AM_CONDITIONAL(USE_MAS, true)
GST_CHECK_FEATURE(MAS, [mas], mas, [
   GST_CHECK_CONFIGPROG(MAS, mas-config)
   AC_SUBST(MAS_CFLAGS)
   AC_SUBST(MAS_LIBS)
])

   The problem lies in this code generated by GST_CHECK_CONFIGPROG
macro in the configure script:

 MAS_LIBS=`"mas-config" --plugin-libs  2> /dev/null`
    if test "x$MAS_LIBS" = x; then
      MAS_LIBS=`"mas-config" --libs `
    fi

   mas-config does'nt support the --plugin-libs option and so it
vomits an error message to the stdout and not the stderr which is
being redirected to /dev/null here. So whose fault is this? mas-config
or our GST_CHECK_CONFIGPROG macro? More importantly who is going to
change?