[gst-devel] Re: [Matroska-devel] Re: Brand new DiretcX audio plugin

Jory Stone jcsston at jory.info
Tue Sep 28 23:35:37 CEST 2004

Just to note, waveOut is the older sound API and has some limitations.
The largest (to me) is under Win9x, any app using waveOut blocks out all
other apps or is blocked out by any app using DirectSound. With DirectSound
all the apps share the sound card and play together.
With WinXP I haven't noticed this and I suspect that it emulates the waveOut
API to DirectSound (the drivers are listed under Legacy Audio Drivers).

Jory