[gst-devel] merging elements in plugins

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Apr 14 00:41:42 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 00:47, Andy Wingo wrote:
> Better yet, profile your sooper-sekret app to show what the bottlenecks
> are. Post that data somewhere so people can analyze it. Perhaps under
> NDA ;-)

I did that, the data is useless. Somehow, it thinks gst_init() takes
~80% of the whole app. Interesting, but pointless, because when using
timers (seriously, all I care about is "how long does this take" -
timers are beautiful), it's only 0.2s, with the actual app taking
several seconds (which is still nice, btw, for several minutes of MPEG
data processing on a busy server). So timers it is, unfortunately.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>