[gst-devel] More user friendly handling for multiple audio devices

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Sun Apr 24 10:01:16 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 21:50 +0300, Furry Ball wrote:
> After getting slightly frustrated on how hard it is to handle what
> devices are being used

At the moment, we don't interface to HAL (which is the proper way to
implement this imo) to say "first prefer this card, but if not this
card, ...". But because we use pluggable elements, it won't be problem
to either add a device-choosing hal audio sink to the pipeline. Or
otherwise, KDE could do the user-visible-name->alsa name mapping,
leaving the alsa sink to just know about alsa devices.

Short answer: possible, needs some work on a higher level.

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/