[gst-devel] problem using ossink with intel 82801 sound card

alexandre alison aalison at kontronmedical.ch
Fri Apr 29 01:46:18 CEST 2005

The command gst-launch sinesrc ! alsasink produces a constant beep

The command gst-launch sinesrc ! osssink produces the same sound plus a
noise.

The sound is noisy: I can hear the correct sound plus a stronger sound.
Something like a cracking sound (sorry I don t know really how to
describe it. However it seems to depend of the input of the osssink, I
can try to record it if you want).

I have the same problem with gst-launch filesrc location="fullpath name
to mp3" ! mad ! osssink  -> the quality is poor and there is a cracking
sound

gst-launch filesrc location="fullpath name to mp3" ! mad ! alsasink
gives a good sound