[gst-devel] dparam -> controller merge plan

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Aug 1 10:04:36 CEST 2005

Hi all,

a quick follow up. I don't know too much about our base-classes yet. To make a
plugins work with the controller the plugin needs to carry its timestamp:
* reseting the timestamp when going from ready to play
* handling seek-events

Follow up.2. In the dparam lib was a function to specify controller update
ration. With the aid of that info and some macros one could interrupt the
processing loop from time to time to get new control-changes.
This remains the task of the plugin, but its not part of the controller. In the
buzztard cvs is a modules called gst-buzztard which right now has 3 ifaces,
which I believe should be part of gst someday. One is called GstTempo. Its
basically a contract for how to supply timing information to a plugin. On the
base of that a plugin can easily partition its processing loop to fetch
control-changes in sync with the pipeline tempo or the desired smoothness of
parameter interpolation.

Stefan