[gst-devel] Re: MingW conflict, was : DirectX sinks for Windows status

Michal Benes michal.benes at xeris.cz
Tue Aug 2 08:35:05 CEST 2005

Hi Christian,

	good to hear from you :-)

Christian HJ Wiesner píše v Ne 31. 07. 2005 v 11:55 +0200:
> Hi Michal,
>
> some more tests with your latest binaries from 25/07/2005 :
>
> 1. During running gst-register.bat it will complain about a missing
> libogg-0.dll

I have forgotten to include this library to my binary distribution. It
should do no harm (but of course ogg/vorbis will not be played).

> 2. I can open the Ixion.exe now, and the player will start fine, no need
> to use Ixion.bat anymore
I had no time to try this. But are you sure that Ixion can find all
plugins if GST_PLUGIN_PATH and PATH are not set Ixion/plugins?

> 3. I still cant open any files, not even simple WAV audio files
>
> Here my questions to you :
>
> a. Can you implement the basic gstreamer audio and video tests into the
> GUI ? Again, if i copy all the libs into the player main router i can
> start audio and the first of the two video tests ( but only the first )
> you named me the command line. I believe these 3 basic tests should be
> callable from the GUI for the normal user, they cant mess with CLI.

This is strange if You can run the first but not the second video test,
it would mean that ffmpegcolorspace plugin is not working. This plugin
is used in Ixion and it is quite important part of it (it converts
between various colorspaces), Ixion will not work without it. Please try
to run the test with --gst-debug-level=4 parameter and send me the
output. I have no idea what this could be, I never had problems with
ffmpegcolorspace.

Integrating audio and video test to GUI is a good idea. It could be
combined with output plugins preferences dialog. I am leavin for my two
weeks holiday now, but I will implement it when I return.

> b. As soon as we do have the exe working here on all my PCs, i liked to
> create an opensource project on our OSS platform  CORECODEC  on
> http://www.corecodec.org , and announce the alpha player on our
> homepage. I still believe gstreamer could be a basis for TCMP 6, and
> ixion could become the start of it all. This way you had no bandwidth
> problems as we would distribute all the binareies.
>
> What do you think  ?
>
> Christian

I think this is a great idea :-) It could bring many more people to
GStreamer community. We (here in Xeris) are also using GStreamer for our
project, we are using it for servers backend currently and now we are
working on the client part, the Linux build is quite good in the moment
but the Windows version still has problems.

	Regards

		Michal