[gst-devel] Problem with MAD plugin

soma dutta banik dbsoma at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 22:46:03 CEST 2005

Thank you all......for the help I ve got again nd again from all of
u.....But again I'm facing a problem with MAD......I install FC3 in my
system.and see gstreamer core ,nd plugins r installed in the following
corresponding paths :
/usr/share/doc/gstreamer-0.8.7
/usr/share/doc/gstreamer-plugins-0.8.5
No MAD is installed with the distribution .so I install libmad devel
nd libmad from the FreshRpms repository...nd all .so of libmad is in
/usr/lib....
so I register with the command
gst-register --gst-plugin-path=/usr/lib : /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.8...
but whenever I try gst-inspect mad it shows no element mad.....
Please suggest me what shd I do to install mad in my system....Also
suggest for the other plugins which don't come with the distribution
as mpegdemux,mpeg2dec etc......
Thanks ,
Soma