[gst-devel] patch for basetransform, audioconvert and audioscale

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Aug 23 11:24:23 CEST 2005

Hey everyone,

Here's a patch to core and base plugins to:
- make audioconvert subclass from basetransform
- make audioscale subclass from basetransform

audioconvert seems to be working fine with this patch.  Can someone tell
me how I should be testing more than 2 channel audio ?

audioscale is not 100% correct yet - doing e.g. 44100 to 8000 has an
invalid write because it's trying to write one sample more than it
should.  I haven't nailed that down yet.

I'm sending this out for comments because it changes basetransform a
little to be more amenable to audio elements (where one buffer != one
unit) and for resamplers that, while still doing one in -> one out,
changes the number of bytes/units in the buffer.

Thomas

I never felt so out of control
You don't even know what you're doing to me
Come on and do it to me
don't you stop