[gst-devel] 0.9 status

Christophe Fergeau teuf at gnome.org
Wed Aug 24 02:51:03 CEST 2005

Le mercredi 24 août 2005 à 11:18 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele a écrit :

> - ugly would contain code that lives up to our standards, but is "ugly"
> because something prevents it from being in -good.  Most likely, this is
> a non-LGPL license or a known patent problem.  Stuff like mad,
> mpeg2dec, ... would live here.

I feel "ugly" is a bit too negative for code which can't live in good
only because of licence/patent issues, it sounds to me like an official
statement from gstreamer saying "all licence are crap unless they are
lgpl-compatible". A bit too strong of a statement imo. But if that's
really the message you want to carry, just go ahead :)

Cheers,

Christophe