[gst-devel] 0.9 status

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Aug 24 17:12:28 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 11:51:04AM +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> I feel "ugly" is a bit too negative for code which can't live in good
> only because of licence/patent issues, it sounds to me like an official
> statement from gstreamer saying "all licence are crap unless they are
> lgpl-compatible". A bit too strong of a statement imo. But if that's
> really the message you want to carry, just go ahead :)

I think it's a cultural allusion to the classic spaghetti western.
As long as people get the reference, it's pretty clear that ugly ==
"we couldn't think of a better name, and this one is funny".  It
also makes sense to, if you think about the term "ugly code".

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux