[gst-devel] trying to build on windows ...

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Aug 24 17:20:07 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 01:05:27PM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> > It'd be nice if someone wrote an automake->visual studio build
> > transformer, but until that time, we need someone who will give the
> > windows build the necessary updates each step along the way...
>
> Why not using msys/mingw ? the autofoo exists. You mainly have to update
> configure.ac and some Makefile.am. It should be less work, imho.

Compiling GStreamer on MSYS is fairly easy.  However, the point
is that people _want_ a normal MSVC build, because it's easier for
a Windows developer than installing a bunch of dependencies into a
system that barely works on the best of days (i.e., MSYS).

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux