[gst-devel] questions about data in fakesink

Vincent Torri Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr
Thu Aug 25 00:14:32 CEST 2005

Hello

I'm trying to write a gstreamer module for emotion [1] and I have some
questions about data sent by gstreamer to fakesink.

With the handoff signal, i retrieve the data from the fakesink, and thanks
to file descriptors, I send the frame data to the ecore thread.

But I would like to be sure that gstreamer doesn't write the next frame in
the data. Here is my questions:

1) When a GstBuffer is created and send to the handoff callback, is the
GstBufeer and/or the GstData associated to it dynamically allocated,
and then freed by gstreamer ?

2) In case it is not allocated or freed, how can I lock gstreamer to
prevent it to write the next frame before the rendering engine finish to
display the frame ? Or is there another classical solution ?

thank you

Vincent Torri

[1] http://enlightenment.org/Libraries/Emotion/index.html