[gst-devel] questions about data in fakesink

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Thu Aug 25 01:03:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 09:03 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> I'm trying to write a gstreamer module for emotion

Cool!

>  [1] and I have some
> questions about data sent by gstreamer to fakesink.

Ugly ;)

The best way to do this is to write an emotionsink, so that outputting
to evas is just like any other sink. Of course you'd have to set a
property on the sink to tell it where to embed itself (or whatever that
is in evas-speak).

Or, you could keep doing what you're doing, which might also work...

> With the handoff signal, i retrieve the data from the fakesink, and thanks
> to file descriptors, I send the frame data to the ecore thread.
>
> But I would like to be sure that gstreamer doesn't write the next frame in
> the data. Here is my questions:

It is dynamically allocated; as long as you have a reference on it
(gst_buffer_ref) it won't go away.

Cheers
--
Andy Wingo