[gst-devel] osssink etc in gst-plugins-good.0.10 cannot be registered , debug log file is attached

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Dec 20 08:49:03 CET 2005

Hi,

> (if "not without-check", I got error, say, cannot find
> check.h
> in the gstcheck.c, Could you tell me what the check is
> about?
> and what kind of check.h you expect?)

check is a library.  see check.sourceforge.net

> for base plugin
> ./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=$HOME/gst/gst
> LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/gst/zlib/lib -L$HOME/gst/lid3tag/lib
> -L$HOME/gst/liboil/lib"
> CPPFLAGS="-I$HOME/gst/lid3tag/include

you seem to insist on installing everything in a separate prefix.  Why
is this ?

> after that I copied the lib and bin directory under
> $HOME/gst
> into my target machine.

You shouldn't just copy. You need to run make install, with a different
DESTDIR.  Are you sure you understand cross-compiling ? Have you
successfully cross-compiled something before ?

You can run ldd on any .so file to see if it is correctly finding the
libs it needs.  Do you know how to use that command ? Can you run it on
your plugins ?

Thomas

They say if you love somebody
you have got to set them free