[gst-devel] please help: gst-ffmpeg fails to build with amr support

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Dec 23 05:26:37 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 17:50 -0800, Forest Wilkinson [gstreamer] wrote:
> Since the amr plugin from gst-plugins-ugly isn't working

What makes you think it does not work ?

> , as a parallel
> effort, I'm trying to get gst-ffmpeg built with amr support.  I downloaded
> and extracted the amr libraries into gst-ffmpeg-0.10.0/gst-libs/ext/
> ffmpeg/libavcodec/amr_float/ and passed the --enable-amr_nb switch to
> configure.  Unfortunately, the build fails:

If you're going to manually hack the build of gst-ffmpeg, you need to be
able to figure out build problems yourself.  The point of gst-ffmpeg is
to have a known-good snapshot of ffmpeg that works with gstreamer.

In the past, it's always been Ronald who has taken the time to update
the snapshot used.

Thomas

- I didn't say I wanted you out of my life.
It's just...with the ironing, the new mattress,
they all just seem like things that are a little further
down the line, that's all.
- Further down the line than all the sex we've been having?