[gst-devel] gst-player configure problem

Robert Osfield robert at openscenegraph.com
Thu Feb 3 09:00:24 CET 2005

Hi Thomas,

On Thursday 03 February 2005 16:38, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > I have no great problem with gst-plugins having lots of optional
> > dependencies, its the number of must have dependenices, including with
> > just build tools that is excessive.
>
> Can you list the must-have dependencies you think are needed ? AFAIK
> there are very few.  glib, libxml and popt spring to mind.  If there are
> more that you see as must-have, please let us know.  Either I'm missing
> a whole bunch, or they're not as must-have as you think they are.

I've had to put my work on investigating gstreamer as a possible integration
with the OpenSceneGraph on a back burner for the time being as I have a great
deal of other work to attend to first.  Once I return to looking at gstreamer
I'll revist the issues of the dependency chain and provide a bit more
feedback.

Cheers,
Robert.