[gst-devel] Forcing adder to use audio/x-raw-float

Grant Likely glikely at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 07:00:10 CET 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:53:30 +0100 (NFT), Benjamin Otte
<in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> There is the possibility that your osssink doesn't support float audio.
> The osssink reduces the set of supported caps from those seen in
> gst-inspect to those supported by the soundcard when the device is opened.
> Or in short: If your soundcard or driver doesn't support float output,
> osssink will not accept float.

Understood; My test code also has an audioconvert element between my
adder and osssink.  I see problems before I even get to that stage
though.  I get a failure when I try to connect the first audioconvert
element to the adder when using a audio/x-raw-float caps filter.

Cheers,
g.