[gst-devel] Some questions

Ryan Norton wxprojects at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 19:49:17 CET 2005

Hi,

Sorry for asking basic questions -

1)is there a "cross-platform" way to put video in a window, or is it only
available on unix with the xoverlay plugin?

2)GStreamer builds on windows, but can it display audio/video on it?

3)Is there a way to get/set the playback rate of both the audio and video
streams?

Also, I'm using the playbin simplification to the GStreamer interface - is
this what you recommend for a media widget (I'm the developer of one for
wxWidgets [wxMediaCtrl] and have finished up the mac/win ports and am
tackling the unix side, you can see an idea of it at
http://cvs.wxwidgets.org/viewcvs.cgi/wxWidgets/src/unix/mediactrl.cpp?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup),
or is something else like direct calls or GstPlay better suited?

Ryan