[gst-devel] Proposal for XML Description File for Plugins

Maciej Katafiasz ml at mathrick.org
Thu Feb 10 15:57:06 CET 2005

Dnia 09-02-2005, śro o godzinie 23:26 -0600, Jeff Mitchell napisał:
> > Good grief, you are _so_ not getting it.
>
> Don't mistake my disagreement with you for ignorance.  Despite your
> previous assertion, I have yet to see a shred of evidence that
> supports the fact that your way is the only way it can be done -- nor
> any evidence that your way is even a good way.

Please. Save big words for big occasions, if you didn't understand what
David said, just say so in plain english, no need to overload my
somewhat tired brain with complex sentences masking lack of meaning.
Thank you in advance.

> > This is what you need to do:
> >
> >  1) Create a program that pulls out information that would be relevant
> >     to documentation from all plugins installed on your system.
> >     Select only the plugins that are from the product 'gst-plugins'.
> >     Write out the information for each plugin into an XML file using
> >     the DTD of your choosing.
>
> Any particular system may not have all plugins installed, which would
> lead to incomplete tables if the script used to build the web site is
> run on such a system.

[snip lots of misguided complaints that only solifify my belief you
didn't understand David's claims]

Please read *and* understand what David said. Let me tell you something,
out of all people I know, he's perhaps the least probable to propose
anything unreasonable and/or not well-thought. Really.

Cheers,
Maciej

--
Maciej Katafiasz <ml at mathrick.org>