[gst-devel] Proposal for XML Description File for Plugins

Thu Feb 10 16:10:15 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:53:45 +0100, Maciej Katafiasz <ml at mathrick.org> wrote:
> Dnia 09-02-2005, śro o godzinie 23:26 -0600, Jeff Mitchell napisał:
> > > Good grief, you are _so_ not getting it.
> >
> > Don't mistake my disagreement with you for ignorance.  Despite your
> > previous assertion, I have yet to see a shred of evidence that
> > supports the fact that your way is the only way it can be done -- nor
> > any evidence that your way is even a good way.
>
> Please. Save big words for big occasions, if you didn't understand what
> David said, just say so in plain english, no need to overload my
> somewhat tired brain with complex sentences masking lack of meaning.
> Thank you in advance.

Provided below are some definitions and references to help you sort
out the big, bad words:

disagreement:  a failure or refusal to agree.  In other words, the
opposite of agree, which is a shorter word that may be easier to
understand.  http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=disagreement

ignorance:  a word whose root is very close to what I tend to do to
people who are unhelpful and provide nothing constructive to
conversations.  http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ignorance

previous:  the one before.  http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=previous

assertion:  claim.  http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=assertion

evidence:  what David has failed to provide.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=evidence

> [snip lots of misguided complaints that only solifify my belief you
> didn't understand David's claims]

Maybe you're right and my disagreement (definition above) is because I
didn't understand his claims.  If that's the case, feel free to help
me understand why he's right, and I will happily agree with you.

> Please read *and* understand what David said.

I understood.  I just thought it a misguided way to proceed.

> Let me tell you something,

Free country, free speech.

> out of all people I know, he's perhaps the least probable to propose
> anything unreasonable and/or not well-thought.

How many people do you know?  Just to establish a baseline here.

> Really.

Really?

I'd like to thank you for this non-constructive criticism
(http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=criticism).  Feel free to
answer the overarching questions, such as ***what information should
be in the status tables*** in another post.

Thanks,
Jeff