[gst-devel] deadlock (?) while transcoding DVD

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 05:44:17 CET 2005

On Friday 11 February 2005 17:42, you wrote:

>     Tim> Try setting a max. queue size in time units on the input queues.
>
> Oh well... (...) gets stuck at exactly the same place.

I guess max. time limits aren't that useful if there are no buffer durations
for the queues to evaluate (buffer duration will only be set after the
audio/video has been decoded) ;-) Sorry about leading you in the wrong
direction.

Have you tried a size-based max. limit on the two input queues instead?
Something like 5MB or 10MB or so?

In case that still locks up: is the audio/video sync okay in the output file?

Cheers
 -Tim