[gst-devel] Text rendering

Maciej Katafiasz ml at mathrick.org
Sun Feb 20 12:59:29 CET 2005

Dnia 20-02-2005, nie o godzinie 18:51 +0100, Gergely Nagy napisał:
> Note, that the text renderer element would only create a buffer that
> is large enough to hold the text, not as large as the whole frame
> it will be rendered onto. This way the extra overhead coming from
> the fact that renderer and blender are separated is insignificant.

Not really, you kinda need to render to full frame (at least logically
so), because subtitles are to be positioned precisely. If we were to
render only "necessary" parts, it will make correct positioning
impossible. As I refuse to pass positioning info via caps, it pretty
much reduces to either RLE or what Jan proposed -- equivalent of X
damage regions. I favor the latter, having RLE decoder inside imagemixer
feels wrong :)

Cheers,
Maciej

--