[gst-devel] media tests

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jan 3 06:44:21 CET 2005

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 12:56, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> The first is dark.44-16-s.wav, which now stops playing almost
> immediately.  It worked fine before.

There is a bugzilla tracker for this, it's a threading bug. I don't know
how to fix it (yet). Basically, we EOS as we detect streams, which is
not appreciated elsewhere. I'll look for a fix.

> The second is multi.ogg, which stops when going from second to third
> chain.  It worked fine before as well.

Update core to 0.8.8. This was an opt issue. It's fixed already. If it's
not fixed, it's a regression from 0.8.8 to whatever version you're
running. It's not reproduceable here. It does play slow, but there's
already an open bug report on that. Capsnego just isn't fast.

> Beside that, any sort of change in caps from one file to another seems
> to not work at all.  This means that you can't play two videos or sound
> files in a row with totem currently.  Anyone else seeing this ?

Yes, but the issue is not exactly that, although it may seem so. You're
basically describing that playlists don't work correctly. Attached patch
(to audioscale) fixes it.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>