[gst-devel] General questions about GStreamer

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Fri Jan 7 10:19:05 CET 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm an accessibility developer from Czech Republic working on the
http://www.freebsoft.org project. I'm trying to understand why there
is still no good common multimedia framework on GNU/Linux (we need one)
and I'd like to ask a few questions about GStreamer and your developement
effort.

1) How is it with GStreamer and network transparency. I understand this
is not a key design point. Is it possible to fully and without any
restrictions and timing problems (as long as the network permits) run
media applications over the network?

2) Which sound server do you recommend to use with GStreamer?

3) Have you talked to the people from MAS and NMM? Why are there
three projects doing mostly the same?

Thanks a lot for clarification,
Hynek Hanke
http://www.freebsoft.org