[gst-devel] Scheduled EOS with timeouts

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Jan 9 01:55:03 CET 2005

Hi Julien,

there was already some comment on this on IRC, but here goes:

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 15:47, Julien Moutte wrote:
> Do we have a way to generate an EOS event after a certain timeout to
> force a duration of a specific track over a muxer ?
>
> Something like :
>
> alsasink ! eostimer timeout=15 ! audioconvert ! rawvorbisenc ! oggmux !
> filesink location=/tmp/output.ogg

Cupid has a 'manager' element that can do this, but not after a specific
timeout (you need to send an EOS event on it from your application). The
nice thing about the solution is that it is a bin which contains the
elements-to-timeout, and is thus EOS-handleable. Bug #162634 has a
'clip' element, which has properties (so more like what you want), but
the implementation is kind of suboptimal (it doesn't seek to start-time
or eos after end-time; it just drops data). Gnonlin probably also has
such elements (they're really very easy to write. :) ).

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>