[gst-devel] audio post-processing filters?

Daryl St. Laurent daryl.stlaurent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 19:37:23 CET 2005

I wanted to know if there were any plans to add audio post-processing
filters to GStreamer.  One thing that I really miss from WinAmp is a
filter called DFX put out by fxsound (www.fxsound.com) that restored a
lot of the sound quality lost through MP3 compression.  I haven't seen
such a thing for Linux, but it would be fantastic to have, and I'd
imagine that others would really appreciate it too.  FXSound suggested
that Linux users ask media player developers to include support for
DFX (as it currently only supports Windows-based media players), so
that is what I am doing.

Thank you.