[gst-devel] audio post-processing filters?

Stefan Kost kost at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Sun Jan 16 03:35:21 CET 2005

Hi Daryl,

lets put is this way - you are welcome to do it. As far as I know, nobody is
currently working on such things. Anyway that DFX things look very much like
closed source, so it won't be easy to support it. One would need to redevelop a
plugin as such.

Ciao
  Stefan

Daryl St. Laurent wrote:
> I wanted to know if there were any plans to add audio post-processing
> filters to GStreamer.  One thing that I really miss from WinAmp is a
> filter called DFX put out by fxsound (www.fxsound.com) that restored a
> lot of the sound quality lost through MP3 compression.  I haven't seen
> such a thing for Linux, but it would be fantastic to have, and I'd
> imagine that others would really appreciate it too.  FXSound suggested
> that Linux users ask media player developers to include support for
> DFX (as it currently only supports Windows-based media players), so
> that is what I am doing.
>
> Thank you.

      \|/            Stefan Kost
     <@ @>           private            business