[gst-devel] gst-player configure problem

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sat Jan 29 05:53:21 CET 2005

Hi Robert,

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 12:11, Robert Osfield wrote:
> You provide packages for Fedora and RedHat, but... the not all the world uses
> either of these...

I understand, but there should be packages for those, too. If not,
here's a great opportunity to contribute. We try to solve our part of
the problem for our largest userbase, Gentoo/Debian have their own
solutions. I'm sure something similar is possible for SuSE, too.

> If gst-player is deprecated only works with certain version of gstreamer etc
> would it be possible to add mention of this in the online documentation, and
> mention totem instead.  Or perhaps just provide a bare bones application to
> test that the GStreamer libraries and plugins are functioning.

The barebones application is in gst-plugins, "examples/seeking/seek 11
file:///path/to/file". If you're looking for something less prehistoric
to serve as example code, I usually recommend Aldegonde (see our apps
page), although it's purely example code and not meant to be an end user
app. All our efforts go into Totem.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>