[gst-devel] Question on GStreamer for Windows

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Sun Jul 3 04:05:21 CEST 2005

Steve Lhomme schrieb:

> Bruce A. Rady wrote:
>> Steve
>> We now have the GStreamer build up on Windows.  In addition to
>> commenting out LIBDIR (which seems to be unused), we also had to add
>> gst_marshal_VOID__BOXED_OBJECT to \Win32\gstreamer.def.
>> Now we are looking for a player or example application that runs under
>> Windows.  Do you or anyone else on the list have any suggestions?
>> Bruce Rady
>

> Unfortunately no.
>
> I think some other matroska guys had a look recently to make output
> sinks for GStreamer on Windows, but I don't know the status of that...

John 'Spyder' Cannon started to look into this recently, but he couldnt
build Gstreamer on Windows and thus started working with it on his Linux
box IIRC. Could you guys commit your changes to Gstreamer CVS already ?

We are currently facing serious problems with compatibility issues of
our DShow playback pack for matroska ( appr. 1.5 Mio downloads meanwhile
), there are just too many codec packs and strange DShow filters out
there coded by people who dont care at all about the DShow necessities,
resulting in PCs which finally cant play a single video file anymore.

Gstreamer could be the solution to all the problems, once we manage it
to work on Windows. Right now Steve is working on VLC, as the fastest
way out of our current playback dilemma.

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org