[gst-devel] Compilation on Windows using MinGW

Michal Benes michal.benes at xeris.cz
Mon Jul 11 02:17:22 CEST 2005

Hello,

	since the information already leaked out, I make a public announcement.
I have written a HOWTO about compiling 0.8 series for Windows using
MinGW, for those who are interested, it can be found at

http://www.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~benes/gstreamer-win/winstreamer.html

It is merely a bunch of dirty hacks. I hope we will be able to find
correct solutions with the people who understand the problem better than
I do.

	I will start filling bugs into bugzilla but I want to be a little more
specific than just writing that it does not compile.

	I have also started work on DirectX sinks. I hope we will be able to
build a simple video player soon.

	Michal