[gst-devel] filesink vs gnomevfssink

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jul 18 23:54:09 CEST 2005

Hi Ross,

so that took a while...

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 18:58, Ross Burton wrote:
> I've just ported Sound Juicer to use gnomevfssink, and I've just hit a logical
> difference between the two.
> filesink will overwrite existing files
> gnomevfssink will fire the allow-overwrite signal, and stop/throw an error
> unless told otherwise.
>
> Now these two sinks having different models is silly, but the question is what
> one is correct?

Neither is more correct than the other. Both would be fine in some way.
The don't-overwrite-unless-asked seems nicer from a safety
point-of-view, and can be implemented easily using g_file_test(), so
let's just do that. Filesink will also need a signal then, obviously.
Care to provide a patch for 0.9?

Cheers,
Ronald

--