[gst-devel] problem with gst-plugins 0.8.10

Vishy vishy.gnome at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 06:31:08 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I am having problem installing gst-plugins-0.8.10.

I get following error when i install the package.

/usr/libexec/gst-register-0.8: malloc(): memory corruption

BTW: i get this error when i run gst-register.

To confirm which module is having problem, i removed all the plugins
from this package and then started copying them one by one.

Every time after copying the respective module, i run gst-register.

This time i got the error only when i copy libgstgnomevfs.so module.

Also when i replaced the gst-plugins-0.8.10/ext/gnomevfs with the
source from gst-plugins-0.8.8/ext/gnomevfs and use the new
libgstgnomevfs.so module, it works just fine.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Vishy