[gst-devel] Re: MingW conflict, was : DirectX sinks for Windows status

John Cannon spyder482 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 02:23:23 CEST 2005

OK, I just tested the new binaries.  With gst-launch the video sink
works fine except for two issues:

1) when you move the window, the video overlay remains at the original
position anyway
2) crashes after a few minutes

As for the audiosink, it works with sinesrc fine but not so well with
other audio.  I played an mp3 and it plays too fast and has some
popping in it.  Maybe your clock timing is wrong.

There are also some apparently command line parsing problems in
gst-launch.  When trying a pipeline that decodes both audio and video
I get parsing errors like the following:

gst-launch.bat filesrc "location=E:/video.vob" ! decodebin "name=d" {
d. ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! ddrawsink } { d. ! audioconvert !
dsoundsink }

** (gst-launch-0.8.exe:3500): WARNING **: error: syntax error, unexpected $end
ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: Unrecoverable syntax error while parsi
ng pipeline filesrc location=E:/video.vob ! decodebin name=d { d. ! ffmpegcolor
space .

Note that the quotes were required to make the command line valid for
windows as the command interpreter apparently doesn't like = in the
command line.
(I hope that syntax is right even, it was taken from an example given
in #gstreamer on irc)

Another issue, which may be an internal bug is when I try to decode
the mp2 audio in the vobwith the following:

gst-launch-0.8.exe filesrc "location=E:/Video.vob" ! decodebin !
audioconvert ! dsoundsink

Produces:

RUNNING pipeline ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/decodebin0/ffdec_mp30: Internal
GStreamer error: pad problem.  File a bug.
Additional debug info:
gstpad.c(2562): gst_pad_set_explicit_caps:
/pipeline0/decodebin0/ffdec_mp30: failed to negotiate (try_set_caps
with "audio/x-raw-int, rate=(int)48000, channels=(int)2,
signed=(boolean)true, endianness=(int)1234, width=(int)16,
depth=(int)16" returned REFUSED)
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/decodebin0/ffdec_mp30: Internal
GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  File a bug.
Additional debug info:
gstffmpegdec.c(643): gst_ffmpegdec_negotiate:
/pipeline0/decodebin0/ffdec_mp30: Failed to link ffmpeg decoder (mp3)
to next element
Execution ended after 25 iterations (sum 359375000 ns, average
14375000 ns, min 0 ns, max 281250000 ns).

As for Ixion...It doesn't work for me.  It just freezes when loading any video.

--
John Cannon
Matroska Developer